79% of 1500 respondents ranked Innovation as either the Top-Most priority or Top-Three priority at their company
– BCG’s report on The Most Innovative Companies, 2015
Design a Workshop(s) that will meet your Innovation Needs
- How to identify your Most Important Customers (If you are a B2B company, they are probably not your direct customers)
- How to uncover your Most Important Customers’ unmet needs
- What you need to do to deliver exceptional value to your Most Important Customers
- Your best options on “How” to deliver that value
The first custom Workshop was delivered to Halliburton in June, 2002. The first public 2-Day Workshop was delivered in Singapore in November, 2005. Since then over 100 workshops have been delivered in 12 countries on 4 continents.
Every attendee will receive a copy of Value Innovation Works, published in 2012.
Why Attend? You will learn how to…
- Take your business to the next level
- Grow with confidence
- Transform a commodity into a breakthrough
- Understand how to manage the Front End of Innovation
- Stop poor quality projects entering your project portfolio
- Network with other Value Innovators and business owners
Who Should Attend?
- “C” level executives and Managing Directors
- Small business owners (11-499 employees)
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Directors, Managers and Project Leaders
- Industry, government and education leaders and decision makers in all functional areas
Who will benefit?
- Any organization of any size
- For profits and not for profits
- Manufacturing or services based organizations
- Federal, state or local government agency
- Small Businesses
- Universities, schools and school boards, etc.
What Will You Learn?
- How to grow your business with confidence
- How to use the Value Innovation Process
- How to deliver exceptional value
- How to develop a Value Chain
- How to identify the Most Important Customer
- How to develop and use Value Curves with Metrics
- How to uncover unmet needs
- How Value Innovation companies achieve success
- …and much, much more
You will leave highly energized and confident you can introduce the process and tools when you return to the office. If you don’t, we’ll give you a full refund!
Richard (‘Dick’) Lee Value Innovation Black Belt, Small Business Champion and Fulbright Academy Member
Dick has managed, and had full P&L responsibility for, operating units of Fortune 500 Companies and led R&D organizations. He served as Vice President, Strategic Business Operations, Johns Manville Corporation [1988-1992]; Vice President R&D for Pharmaseal, a division of American Hospital Supply and subsequently Baxter Healthcare Corporation [1985- 1988]; Vice President, Onan Corporation and General Manager, Elgar Corporation (McGraw Edison Corporation) [1982-1985]; Vice President and General Manager, the Portable Battery Division of Gould Inc [1977- 1982]; and Manager, Vehicle Emission Control R&D, UOP Inc. [1972- 1977].
Dick Lee is CEO and Chief Innovation Officer of Value Innovations, Inc. (VI). VI was incorporated as a Chapter C company in Colorado in August, 1999. VI helps its customers value innovate and drive sustainable, profi table growth through webinars, workshops and consulting services. VI has 14 team members and 20 partners in Canada, India, Serbia, UK and the USA.
Dick has delivered more than 100 Value Innovation Workshops in Asia, Europe, South East Asia and North America; and led consulting projects for more than forty clients including: Alcan, Albany International, Arkema, Ashland Chemical, Beaulieu International Group, Bekaert, Brady, Cargill, Chevron, Ciba Corning Diagnostics, Exxon Research and Engineering, Gates Corporation, Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company, Honeywell, Johns Manville, Johnson Controls, KBR (an operating unit of Halliburton), Kennametal, Merck KGaA, Millipore, Mobil Oil Corporation, Nanophase, PG&E, Philip Morris USA, Procter and Gamble, Raychem, SAIC and Spectranetics.
The Value Innovation Process®
The centerpiece of the workshop is the Value Innovation Process
For Stage 3 and Large companies (>100 employees): Bolts onto the front end of your Phase-Gate, StageGate or Agile Process. If you are a student of Eric Riess’s Lean Start Up, the Value Innovation Process will reduce cycle time and increase your success rates.
For Start Ups and Stage 2 companies (<100 employees): Helps you ask the questions you need to ask and understand the problems you need to solve….not how to make your idea work.
Each step is defined and enabling tools are described.
Case Studies Include:
- American Vanguard (Stage 3; >30% of their associates have been trained)
- Ampex (invented a seminal technology, didn’t value innovate and closed its doors in 2008)
- Chevron (their IT group has completed 100 projects)
- Compassion International’s (Not-for-Profit) Water of Life (sold $5mm in one day)
- FoldedPak’s (Stage 2) ExpandOS (Amazon has required all TV manufacturers use ExpandOS)
- Hussmann (refrigerated cases)
- Nautilus (Sales increased 31% over prior year)
- Pharma Diagnostics, (Trained all associates and board members on the Value Innovation Process)
- Tesla Motors (The S P85D accelerates from 0-60mph in 3.1 seconds)
- RE/MAX International (the largest real estate company in the world)
- Samsung Electronics (the world’s largest technology company)
- Sherwin Williams (stock price increased 3x from 2009-2013)
- Thermo King
- Virgin Group
Feedback from our Workshops:
“The best workshop I’ve ever attended.” Chairman and CEO, American Vanguard
“Dick’s energy level and depth of understanding of organizational culture and dynamics required to drive innovation had a significant impact on our executive leadership’s understanding, and acceptance of, their responsibility for supporting an innovation culture,”
CTO, Honeywell Specialty Materials
“Powerful insights which can significantly influence the growth of a company delivered with practical examples and strategies that are of direct and immediate usefulness,”
Director, Emerging Technology, Motorola, Inc.
“Dick’s knowledge is exceptional and his broad industrial experience a real advantage in a workshop environment. He goes out of his way to engage everybody and encourages open discussion,”
Managing Director, Milliken Chemicals Asia
“Dick brings a contagious passion to the subject of value innovation. You cannot spend even an hour with Dick without gaining real insight into the inner workings of innovative organizations and take-aways that can be applied immediately,”
Senior Group VP, SAIC.
Workshop Interest Form:
CEOs and CTOs know their organizations must innovate
- Is Innovation a Top Priority in your organization?
- Do you have an Innovation Process that drives sustainable growth?
- Do you know “What” to do and “How” to do it?
We are ready to help think through these questions and help you build a workshop or series of workshops that are designed to meet your objectives. Call us at +1-720-291-0758, for “free consultation.”