With over 15 years’ experience in pharmaceutical R&D and Commercialisation, my unusual career path has also included law, professional musician and paper manufacturing. I am driven by a wish to contribute usefully to whatever field I am working in, finding new and better ways of achieving successful outcomes using my ability to see opportunities and connections. My core skill is to make innovation happen.
I’ve been fortunate to manage and lead many major innovation projects, with a strong track record of delivering on time and to budget. Projects have included:
- Project & information management for R&D of 7 marketed prescription medicines
- Designing/implementing innovation management processes improving productivity
- Implementing project & portfolio management systems
- Improving management decision-making processes using innovative knowledge capture & mobilisation systems
I am Chariman of the programme committee for the European Industrial Research Management Association. I regularly speak at and chair industry conferences, and have managed collaborations with universities including Cambridge, King’s College London and SUNY. I teach the KM module for Cranfield’s Quality in Research Management course.
I am particularly interested in improving decison-making in the life science industry using open innovation effectiveness processes and social media knowledge mobilisation technologies.
Specialties: My specialities include: innovation management, knowledge management, open innovation effectiveness, information management, project management, pharmaceutical R&D, Enteprise 2.0, Web 2.0, ideas management, knowledge representation, document management, risk management, change management, process design, journalism, creative writing, personal creativity, communications, intranet design
- Innovation project & process management
- Knowledge project & process management
- Pharmaceutical/medical device R&D & commercialisation
- Pharmaceutical pricing & market access
- Small, medium and large enterprises
- Broad/deep industry knowledge across Big Pharma, Biotech, Public-Private Partnerships, Medical Devices
- Strategic & detailed planning
- Advanced project & risk management
- Creative & innovative in designing solutions
- Strong communicator & networker
- Excellent collaboration & implementation skills