These 8h Virtual workshops will be conducted using Zoom.com on August 12 and 26, starting at 10:00 am EDT.
Workshop leaders: Dick Lee, CEO – Value Innovations, Inc and Steve Brewer – Director, Text Mining Solutions
Price: $1,295 for the first person. $775 for others from the same company
Register by calling +1-720-291-0758, or send an email to email@example.com
You will be billed through PayPal. You can pay using the credit card of your choice.
Artificial Intelligence, robotics, and IoT are bringing major changes to all industries and the in-vogue term to describe this is disruption. At Value Innovations and iTRANSFORM we much prefer the term transformation.
Based on the early successes of three electric vehicles produced by Tesla Motors, starting with the Model S sedan launched in June, 2012, a group a Value Innovation SMEs committed to define a set of Transformation Axes that are bringing seismic change to the global auto industry.
We’ve learned a company must fully understand the Transformations impacting its businesses before committing to the development of new innovative services and products using The Value Innovation Process® (VIP).
WORKSHOP PRIMARY GOALS:
- Help attendees understand Transformations Axes & their importance
- Use two examples: The Global Auto Industry and Farming/Agriculture
- Showcase Text Mining Solutions software and how it can be monitored to text mine twitter
- Show how to deliver exceptional value to the Most Important Customer in the Value Chain using the VIP.
Who Should Attend?
- “C” level executives and Managing Directors
- Small business owners (11-499 employees)
- Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Directors, Managers and Project Leaders
- Industry, government and education leaders and decision makers in all functional areas
Who will benefit?
- Any organization of any size
- For profits and not for profits
- Manufacturing or services-based organizations
- Federal, state or local government agencies
- Small Businesses
WHAT You’ll Learn:
- What a Transformation Axis is
- Transformation Axes are independent, already in place and the end state is defined and fixed
- Auto manufacturers, auto dealers and Tier 1 and 2 Parts Suppliers and all other key players have no control over Transformations.
- The framework/process to develop Transformation Axes
- Transformation Axes define the boundaries of the forest for the industry and the seismic changes that are and will occur.
- How to monitor and track changes occurring in the Transformation Axes using twitter and TMS software.
- How long it will take to develop a set of Transformation Axes for an industry – It will vary but will be at least 3 monthS
- How to identify your Most Important Customers (If you are a B2B company, they are probably not your direct customer.)
- How to uncover your Most Important Customers’ unmet needs
- What you need to do to deliver exceptional value to your Most Important Customers
- Your best options on “How” to deliver that value cur Most Important C
- What you need to do to deliver exceptional value to your Most Important Customer
How the 6 Transformation Axes for the global auto industry were developed:
- Scenario Planning
- “What’s in Scope” and “Out of Scope”
- “Axes of Certainty” and “Axes of Uncertainty”
- What are the trends?
- What are the drivers?
- Took 6 months meeting 2x/mo.
- Published the final set of Axes in November, 2017.
- Key Learnings:
- The 6 Axes have stood the test of time
- The Axes force a company to define a new Purpose and re-define their strategy
- Who are the leaders and losers? Why? What must the losers do?
Key factors bringing seismic change to the global auto industry:
- Required investments for a legacy auto manufacturer are in excess of $10B/y to:
- Develop and manufacture bEVs, AVs and Connected Vehicles,
- Install the required infrastructure,
- Train those who will market, sell and maintain these new vehicles
- In 2018, the top 9 auto companies invested $73B in R&D. Tesla Motors invested $1.3B.
- Similar investments are required in lower cost, higher energy density, higher power density and longer life Li-ion batteries: Target cost, $100/kWh.
- Understanding the power train (electric motors, Li-ion batteries, inverters, battery management systems)
- The reasons why Tesla Motors and BYD are the Top 2 manufacturers of bEVs in the world today.
- The path to L5 autonomous vehicles, the leaders today and when consumers will be able to purchase a driverless car.
- What auto dealerships will have to do to survive and thrive.
- Off road equipment manufacturers have been slow to develop machines powered by electric motors. Why? Is it because major cities have still not enacted legislation to ban the use of diesel-powered off-road equipment within city limits? Many cities in Europe have ZEV laws today, e.g., Amsterdam, Barcelona, Frankfurt, Hamburg, London, Oslo, Stuttgart and more.
How to stay abreast of what’s happening in an industry
It is very difficult to stay on top of what is happening across the global auto industry.
- Purchase reports from Deloitte, McKinsey, BCG, Freedonia, etc. but they typically focus on one subject, e.g., driver to driverless, and they are “out of date’ in short order.
- Read what the analysts say from the Wall Street Journal, Morgan Stanley, Bloomberg, etc. but they are looking in the rearview mirror.
- Read the latest stories in Automotive News, Wards Auto, Car and Driver, Motor Trend but they look favorably upon those companies that advertise with them.
- Do a Google search
We have found our most consistent source of information to be Twitter and TMS (Text Mining Solutions) software.
Since February, 2017, iTRANSFORMTM has accumulated >1,500 files relevant to the 6 Transformation Axes.
To effectively use twitter, you need to identify all key players in the global industry including those organizations that report on, or influence the auto industry, e.g.,
- Auto manufacturers, Tier 1 suppliers, auto dealerships, others:
- Newspapers, periodicals, universities, regulators, consumers and thought leaders:
|California||CARB||Car and Driver||City of London||Der Spiegel|
|CleanTechnica||Die Zeit||Financial Times||Evannex||France|
|Frankfurt||Detroit News||Germany||Handelsblatt||Le Monde|
These lists need must be reviewed and updated together with a list of hashtags.
Text mining twitter to build a relevant, searchable database:
On average, around 6,000 tweets are tweeted every second.
Value Innovations has learned the best source of the latest information in real time is Twitter. No human being can process this amount of information. AI is needed.
What is TMS Software?
Text Mining Software data mines (searches for specific words or sets of words) large quantities of text in many different forms, e.g., annual reports, 10-Ks, offering memoranda, scientific publications, newspapers, and reports and articles that are available on line, twitter, etc.
To effectively use TMS, the software must be configured with User/Organization names (@’s) and keywords (#’s).
In the bEVCurrent example (see below), TMS text mined approx. 100 tweets/min.
- This number is reduced by capturing only those tweets that have at least one name (e.g., @GM, or. @FT, or @SAE, or @NHTSA) and one hashtag (e.g., #electricvehicle, or #ICE, or #autonomousvehicle, or #regulation).
- These collated/processed tweets are captured in a searchable database
- TMS software can be configured to display the information on each captured tweet that’s relevant, e.g., Group or individual who posted the tweet and the number of people following them, Tweet heading, Date/Time of Tweet, URL(s) to attached files, etc.) – see screen capture below.
This database can be searched using multiple filters to answer specific questions.
TMS software demo:
During the workshop we will be able to do a live, 45 min. demonstration with Steve Brewer, the founder of Text Mining Solutions.
Mastering the Value Innovation Process® (VIP) and contextual interviewing:
Attendees learn how to follow the VIP and use the Vi tools in a series of five breakout sessions – teams are challenged to transform a commodity to a breakthrough.
- Introduction, Success Stories & the Most Innovative Companies
- Step 1: Define the Project
- Step 2: Value Chains and Identifying the Most Important Customer
- Introducing Aplicare – Who is their MIC?
- Step 3: Value Curves with Metrics and Value Curve examples
- Aplicare – Develop Value Curves for the purchasing agent and healthcare professional (HCP)
- Slalom® Software to generate Value Curves
- Steps 4, 6-7 and 10: Contextual Interviewing of 6 pairs of Most Important Customer
Each attendee will receive:
- A copy of Value Innovation Works.
- Slalom software to produce value curves
- Copies of all the presentation materials
Want to up your innovation game? Want to up your organization’s innovation game? Attending one of our Mastering Value Innovation Workshops is a great place to start. In 2016 we are going to change our approach. We will work with you to develop your own custom workshop that addresses your problems and you define the length and location. More information can be found in the Workshop Brochure.